JOB SUMMARY: Cleans and prepares guest rooms and public areas by meeting established standards of cleanliness to ensure guest satisfaction. Typically our room attendants clean rooms in pairs to lighten the load of the position. In this sense, in the “tasks and competencies” section below, each room attendant may not be responsible for all listed tasks daily.
TASKS AND COMPETENCIES:
· Maintains the hotel rooms and building to ensure a safe and clean experience for hotel guests, associates and vendors.
· Sets ups cleaning cart with supplies according to standard. Maintains carts and storerooms in a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of cleaning rooms.
· Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas, and hallways.
· Washes shower walls and tubs, cleans toilets and stall walls. Cleans mirrors and sinks in order to have clean and sanitary guest and public restrooms.
· Replaces towels, soaps, and all room amenities and restocks literature that has been removed by previous guests.
· Mops all hard floor to remove dirt and soiled areas.
· Dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings.
· May strip bed of all linens and remakes with fresh linens.
· Vacuums rooms and/or hallway.
· Checks lights and remotes to ensure all are in working order.
· Maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition.
· Monitor and report necessary repairs and replacements.
· Acknowledge and greet guests in hallways and public areas.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment.
· Ability to scrub surfaces, extending arms over head, bending, and stopping to perform cleaning tasks.
· Ability to push and /or pull equipment weighting up to 100 lbs (primarily pushing a cleaning cart).
· Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs occasionally. Ability to lift a maximum of 15 pounds regularly.
· Ability to effectively communicate with guests and co-workers
· Schedule flexibility, full and part time work available