We are looking for a reliable and experienced irrigation technician to install and service our client’s irrigation equipment. As the lead technician, you will be responsible for mapping out irrigation areas, digging trenches, installing equipment, testing the system, and conducting regular maintenance checks. You may also be required to install electrical timer systems, plumb outdoor water tanks, and connect water-recycling systems.
To ensure success as an irrigation technician, you should exhibit a strong work ethic, have detailed knowledge of irrigation techniques, and be able to operate heavy machinery when required. Ultimately, a top-level Irrigation Technician can expertly install any sized irrigation system to fit the needs of the client.
Irrigation Technician Responsibilities:
- Inspecting and loading equipment for the day’s work.
- Driving to the client’s location.
- Testing the soil and vegetation to determine irrigation needs.
- Mapping out areas for irrigation installation.
- Digging trenches and installing pipes and lines.
- Installing pumps and electrical timers.
- Testing the irrigation system with the aid of computer software.
- Conducting routine maintenance checks.
- Troubleshooting and replacing faulty parts.
- Completing progress reports and associated paperwork.
Irrigation Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven work experience as an Irrigation Technician.
- Knowledge of irrigation and electrical timer systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of plumbing is preferable.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift heavy objects.
- Knowledge of soil, vegetation, and climate.