We are hiring an assistant yard manager to work at our salvage yard to help with sales and organization of incoming and existing building materials. This company is a Missoula owned and operated deconstruction and salvage company - we take apart homes and commercial properties with the goal to salvage as many building materials as possible.
- Capable of thinking creatively with a keen eye for organization and process.
- Be able to think critically and with safety and professionalism being paramount.
- Capable of performing physically demanding tasks, including lifting and carrying over 50lbs and occasionally 80lbs.
- Capable of safely handling hand and power tools.
- Capable of working in all weather conditions, and doing physically demanding tasks.
- Capable of being service oriented and sales capable.
- Access and ability to communicate via text and phone.
- Capable of working 40 hours, with flexible hours.
Position Specific Expectations
- Maintain storage systems for all incoming inventory, sorting different and diverse materials.
- Keep accurate records of all sales and revenue (credit card and cash), basic computer skills required.
- Ability to talk to customers, hear what they need and help them find what will work best for them. Some construction knowledge is important.
- Make and keep sales appointments and develop relationships with customers by answering inquiries via phone and email.
- Occasionally transport and deliver inventory.
Respond to this post via an Email with:
- Your relevant experience, including sales, labor, computer skills, construction, building deconstruction, and forklift ability and knowledge.
- Provide two recent work references with name, phone number, company, and describing your responsibilities.
- Your contact information including phone, and email.
- Your availability. When you can start and pertinent scheduling information.
- If you have reliable transportation.